Founded 1321 as Studium Generale by the Republic of Florence. Recognized by Bull of Pope Clement VII 1349 and by Royal Decree of Charles IV 1364. Transferred to Pisa 1472, but law and medicine continued to be taught in Florence. Reorganized as Istituto di Studi Superiori Pratici e di Perfezionamento 1859. The institution became autonomous 1872 and was granted full university status 1924. Under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Public Instruction and financially supported by the State.
- 招生详情: Secondary school certificate (maturità), and entry examination for most Degree and Diploma Courses